Our selection of San Diego tile flooring includes a range of styles and materials, from natural stone to porcelain. Shoppers can visit one of our conveniently located showrooms and design centers to see these styles in person.
When it comes to choosing the right type of flooring for your San Diego home, however, an even more important factor to consider than the tile flooring’s appearance is: What kind of use and wear will this floor have to stand up to?
For homes with a lot of occupants or areas that see a lot of use and traffic, tile flooring is an ideal solution — here’s why.
5 Reasons to Choose Tile Flooring
1) Resistant to scratches, dings and water damage: Tile floor has a very hard surface area, making it very difficult to permanently mark. While other flooring choice like hardwood or even laminate can show scratches and dings over time, tile will holds up better. Plus, it won’t be damaged by water the way other types of flooring can be, and won’t be stained by colored liquids like carpet. Because of this, tile flooring makes a great choice for kitchens or bathrooms, as well as outdoor areas.
2) Easy to Clean: Tile flooring is easy to clean, with a simple sweep and mop. They require no special cleaners, spots are easily scrubbed away, and spills can be easily wiped up. Some tiles even have patterns that can camouflage dirt and spots, so that even if you didn’t get a chance to freshen up your floors before having guests over, no one will have to be the wiser!
3) Stands Up to Pets & Kids: It seems like the smallest members of the household are usually the hardest on everything in it. From pets’ nails to mess-making toddlers, there are endless ways that pets and children can spell bad news for carpet, hardwood, or even laminate. Tile flooring, however, stands up to the abuse and makes cleaning up messes, spills and accidents a cinch.
4) Less Wear & Tear: SD Flooring takes care in choosing our inventory of San Diego tile flooring, selecting those that are high-quality and will stand up to a lot of use. All of our flooring options offer quality, but carpet and hardwood may show signs of age and use sooner than tile floors. If durability and the ability to stand up to wear and tear are central concerns for you, our specialist can direct you to tile flooring options that will deliver those attributes.
5) Less Maintenance: Carpets need to be cleaned by a professional to last longer and stay looking great, while hardwood floors needed to be refinished every few years. Apart from the occasional grout scrubbing, however, tile flooring requires next to no ongoing maintenance. It’s another big job you won’t have to do around your home!
Of course, there are pros and cons to every flooring choice, and each San Diego homeowner’s need will be different. But tile flooring can stand up to a lot, and should definitely be in the running if you want flooring that will last a long time, require little work and stay looking great for years to come.